Monday, March 06, 2006

What's Next..?

So what's next.. Life lately has been pretty much the same everyday, with exception on the weekends and even that is being the same. Usually that means time for a vacation, my last vacation was September '05 in Chicago, IL (*sigh* I <3 Chi-town).

For those that care, I am still working hard on my new language skills, especially Arabic. It has been a very interesting and fun journey. New friends and also understanding a culture very similar to my Spanish heritage but different at the same time. I dedicate about 1 hour a day to it (1/2 hour spoken - 1/2 hour written) Italian is very similar to Spanish and I have put that on hold until I am deeper into Arabic.

My day job is starting to get old, I have been doing that for 2 1/2 years and its time for something different. Easier said than done specially when you get along with everybody and the money is very good and easy. But we will see what happens.

Yes, I wanted to vent about my camera buying experience soo far. I still don't have it! to be short the camera I want retails for $1000 big ones @ the store.. so I shopped around online for a better bargain I found a few stores for $800 so I decided to go with one of them. It's based out of New York (red flag #1) I usually don't like to shop New York cause most horror stories come from there but the price was to good to pass, plus I have shopped myself there with no issues.. yet.

Placed order, received call from a sales rep. trying to sell me extras "..no thanks.." x3 then I ask I can be expecting my new camera sometime around tuesday or wednesday hence 2-day shipping..? Oh no sorry he says the camera is not in stock at the moment and they wont have any till tuesday-wednesday for shipping.. I said the website said in-stock? he said sorry we over sold them (right! - red flag #2) then persued to try and sell me a external battery charger and I said no thanks.. he asked hey how are you planning to charge it..? I stopped and thought hmm he has a point and then I asked you are telling me Sony sells this camera w/o a charger? he says no they do but they dont recomend you charge the battery in the blah blah blah.. I said no thanks and is that it..? he said yes and thank you..

I hope I don't get f**ked over and have to wait weeks for a $200 savings :-( Hopefully my next post will be about how fast it got here and how nice it is, but dont hold your breath!

/end vent

I am out, I need to relax.. hope all is well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home